This is the last exhibition before the long-term closure! Picasso, Milo and Warhol !!
「Trialogue Yokohama Museum of Art, Aichi Prefectural Museum of Art, Toyama Prefectural Museum of Art 20th Century Western Art Collection」
(TOP image) Paul Klee << Women's Pavilion >> 1921 Oil on cardboard 41.7 × 52.3cm Collection of Aichi Prefectural Museum of Art
Collection of gems that resonate with about 60 artists in 3 buildings
Three public art museums representing each region in Japan, the Museum of Yokohama, the Museum of Art in Aichi, and the Museum of Art in Toyama. These three museums were opened around 1980, during the so-called "museum construction rush". In the 40 years since then, each has built a diverse collection, and each museum has made modern and contemporary Western art one of the pillars of its collection, and in that field, the "face" of the museum. It is common in that it contains many works.
This exhibition looks back on the history of 20th century Western art by combining the collections of the three museums. From the Western art collections of the three museums, carefully selected works by masters who colored the history of 20th century art, such as Picasso, Klee, Miro, Ernst, Dali, Magrit, Pollock, Bacon, Warhol, Richter, etc. Introducing 120 works. We will trace the trajectory of art in the last century, where the expression method and concept were repeatedly renewed, while incorporating the unique tastes of collaboration and joint projects, such as a corner that focuses on a specific artist and compares the works held by the three museums.
Through this exhibition, in which the collections of three public museums compete, you can enjoy the essence of Western modern and contemporary art, and at the same time, the footprints of Western art collection that Japanese museums have been competing with, and as a result, in Japan It will be an opportunity to reaffirm the rich assets that have been created.
1f88708c0e21f.jpg "alt =" "width =" 347 "height =" 500 "class =" size-full wp-image-226994 "/>
Rene Magritte << King's Museum >> 1966 Oil on canvas 130.0 × 89.0cm Collection of Museum of Yokohama
Gerhard Richter << Orangery >> 1982 Oil on canvas 260.0 × 400.0cm Collection of Toyama Prefectural Museum of Art
© Gerhard Richter 2020 (16062020)
This exhibition requires online reservations on the Internet.
Please make a reservation for the date and time of your visit.
Please check the special website for reservations and other details .
Reservations start at 10:00 on September 18, 2020 (Friday) !!
or: # 008080; "> Trialogue
Museum of Yokohama, Museum of Art, Aichi, Museum of Art, Toyama
20th Century Western Art Collection
[Date and time] November 14th (Sat) -February 28th, 2021 (Sun) 10: 00-18: 00 (Admission is until 17:30)
[Venue] Museum at Yokohama Museum of Art
[Closed] Thursday (excluding February 11), December 29 (Tue) -January 3, 2021 (Sun), February 12 (Fri)
[Fee] General ¥ 1,500, University / vocational school students ¥ 1,100, Junior high school / high school students ¥ 500, 65 years old and over (certificate required) ¥ 1,400, Elementary school students and younger free, Persons with disability certificate and long-term care (1) First name) Free
[Organizer] Museum of Yokohama Museum of Art (Yokohama City Arts and Culture Promotion Foundation), Nihon Keizai Shimbun, Kanagawa Shimbun, tvk
[Cooperation] Minatomirai Line, Yokohama Cable Vision, FM Yokohama, Metropolitan Expressway Co., Ltd.
[Inquiry] 045-221-0300 (Yokohama Museum of Art)
* We do not accept groups or offer group discounts.
* Free viewing (elementary school students and younger, those with invitation tickets, disability certificates, etc.) also need to make an online date and time reservation.
* Discounts are not available for online date and time reservations. If you want to use various discounts, please purchase at the Yokohama Museum of Art ticket office. Please contact us for various discounts.
* The "Yokohama Museum of Art Collection Exhibition" can also be viewed only on the day of viewing this exhibition.
[Handling at the Yokohama Museum of Art ticket office]
● From 10:00 on Saturday, November 14, 2020, we will inform you about the reservation and sale of admission tickets and admission for those who are free to view for the dates and times that are not sold out by online date and time specified reservation.
● Please enter within 30 minutes from the reservation date and time.
● Admission is not a replacement system.
● Re-entry is not possible.
● Refunds, changes and cancellations are not possible after the purchase procedure is completed.
● Please check the Museum Shop at Yokohama Museum of Art website for the latest opening status.
● At the Museum of Yokohama, to prevent the spread of new coronavirus infectionsWe are working on this. When you visit the museum , please read "Requests to visitors" .
● We ask that you provide your contact information at the time of reservation or admission, as we may ask you to cooperate with the interview survey by public institutions such as public health centers. Please note that if you make an online date and time reservation, we may use the contact information you entered when you made the reservation. If you are purchasing or making a reservation at the Museum Shop at Yokohama Museum of Art, please fill out the contact information form. You can download the contact information form, so you can fill it out in advance and bring it with you.
The contact information form (PDF) can be downloaded from the Museum Shop at Yokohama Museum of Art website .
Yokohama Museum of Art opened to the public on November 3, 1989. It is one of the largest art institutions in Japan. With its iconic architecture, featuring the expansive space of the Grand Gallery, the museum is made up of a total of seven gallery spaces, as well as an Art Information and Media Center that holds over 110,000 art-related books, ateliers hosting a wide range of workshops for children and adults, and many other facilities.
Located in the international seaport city of Yokohama, the museum focuses on collecting and showing modern and contemporary art created since the late 19th century, when the port of Yokohama opened, alongside many special exhibitions.
The outward appearance：KASAGI Yasuyuki / Grand gallery：KASAGI Yasuyuki / Exhibition room：TANAKA Yuichiro
Address3-4-1 Minatomirai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa
Museum of Yokohama
Business Hour10: 00-18: 00 (Admission until 17:30) Closed on Thursdays and New Year holidays
Article on this spot
Explore the art scene of the 1910s and 1960s from the works of artists related to Yokohama(TOP image) Haruo Yamanaka << Two Boring People >> 1954 (Showa 29) Oil on canvas 130.5 × 162.7cm Museum of Y ･･･Museum of Yokohama2020.09.11
Memories of being engraved on the material through the manual work of each needle* The "New Artist Picks" Mariko Fence "Exhibition | Sewing Life", which has been postponed due to th ･･･Museum of Yokohama2020.08.28
The shape of Tokyo Skytree® was born from here! "Shape with a sledge" released at once(TOP image) Sori no aru Katai-1 (1978) Museum of Contemporary Art Tokyo © Sumikawa Kiichi The world of art that you can ･･･Museum of Yokohama2020.02.26
An exhibition of two people who loved traditional Japanese culture and lived in avant-gardeThe world of art that you can go, see, and feel File.9 Museum of Yokohama, "Isamu Noguchi and Saburo Hasegawa-What ･･･Museum of Yokohama2019.01.23
Theater / dance musicsDouble Planet Episode 10Double Planet Episode 10 "I have something to do with the night sky" Luka Tamaru (Furutajun & Yota Kanda / ･･･
Art / photographyA gallery where you want to meet the ownerKanagawa Gallery Sanpo File.13 Utsuwa Nanahana Shino Yamamoto (Gallery Watts) The DM sent from "Utsuwa Nanahana&quo ･･･
Theater / dance musicsDouble Planet Episode 9Double Planet Episode 9 "Maybe Tamaru-san?" Satoru Aono (Furutajun & Yota Kanda / Radio Shonan Personality ･･･
Art / photographyBringing Japanese talent to the world! Nissan Art Award 2020 ･･･Nissan Pavilion(TOP image) Nissan Art Award 2020 trophy. Designed by product designer Keita Suzuki, produced in collaboration with the ･･･