Explore the art scene of the 1910s and 1960s from the works of artists related to Yokohama
「Museum Shop at Yokohama Museum of Art Collection Exhibition "Yokohama Polyphony: Yokohama and Art in the 1910s and 1960s"」
(TOP image) Haruo Yamanaka << Two Boring People >> 1954 (Showa 29) Oil on canvas 130.5 × 162.7cm Collection of Museum of Yokohama Museum of Art
This exhibition focuses on the period from the 1910s to the 1960s, which was established by the Yokohama Art Association, as the fetal period of the system surrounding art in Yokohama, and introduces the expressions and events related to art that took place during this period.
In Yokohama, while being close to the Tokyo metropolitan area, expressions linked to the major trends in art history centered on Tokyo have been created, while the unique talents, human networks and cultural systems unique to a port town with an enterprising spirit have been created. I have been brought up. In this exhibition, we will pick up artists who are related to Yokohama for each chapter, and by following their testimonies, expressions, and a series of creations by artists who are closely related, we will use the land of Yokohama as a clue to create about 60 years of art. I will try to capture it with multiple eyes.
The title "polyphony" means "polyphonic music" consisting of multiple independent melody and rhythmic voices. In this exhibition, we will explore a part of Yokohama's art scene from the Taisho era to the period of high economic miracle while listening to the voices of the artists raised in Yokohama and the resonance of their creations.
Ryusei Kishida "Portrait of Kimiyuki Tsubaki" 1915 (Taisho 4) Oil on canvas 45.5 x 33.5 cm Collection of the Museum of Yokohama Museum of Art
Koitsu Ishiwata << Yokohama Mangokubashi >> 1931 (Showa 6) Multicolor woodblock 36.5 × 24.2cm Collection of the Museum of Yokohama
Kazuo Hyodo << Red cloth and jug >> 1975 (Showa 50) Oil on canvas 60.6 × 72.7cm Collection of Museum of Yokohama Museum of Art
This exhibition requires online reservations on the Internet.
Please make a reservation for the date and time of your visit.
Please check the official website of the Museum of Yokohama for reservations and other details .
Reservations start at 10:00 on September 18, 2020 (Friday) !!
color: # 008080; "> Yokohama Museum of Art Collection Exhibition
"Yokohama Polyphony: Yokohama and Art in the 1910s and 1960s"
[Date and time] November 14th (Sat) -February 28th, 2021 (Sun) 10: 00-18: 00 (Admission is until 17:30)
[Venue] Museum at Yokohama Museum of Art
[Closed] Thursday (excluding February 11), December 29 (Tue) -January 3, 2021 (Sun), February 12 (Fri)
[Fee] General ¥ 500, University / High school students ¥ 300, Junior high school students ¥ 100, Elementary school students and younger free, Persons with disability certificate and long-term care (1 person) free
[Organizer] Museum of Yokohama Museum of Art (Yokohama City Arts and Culture Promotion Foundation)
[Inquiry] 045-221-0300 (Yokohama Museum of Art)
* Free for people aged 65 and over who live in Yokohama on the 3rd Monday of every month (requires "Hamatomo Card").
* We do not accept groups or offer group discounts.
* You can also see the collection exhibition only on the day of the exhibition.
* Those who are free to view (elementary school students and younger, those who have an invitation ticket, a disability certificate, etc.) also need to make an online date and time reservation.
[Handling at the Yokohama Museum of Art ticket office]
● From 10:00 on Saturday, November 14, 2020, we will inform you about the reservation and sale of admission tickets and admission for free admission for those who are not sold out by online date and time reservation.
● Please enter within 30 minutes from the reservation date and time.
● Admission is not a replacement system.
● Re-entry is not possible.
● Refunds, changes and cancellations are not possible after the purchase procedure is completed.
● Please check the Museum Shop at Yokohama Museum of Art website for the latest opening status.
● The Museum Shop at Yokohama Museum of Art is working to prevent the spread of new coronavirus infections. When you come to the museumPlease read ferrer ">" Requests to visitors ".
● We ask that you provide your contact information at the time of reservation or admission, as we may ask you to cooperate with the interview survey by public institutions such as public health centers. Please note that the contact information entered at the time of booking may be used for online date and time reservations. If you are purchasing or making a reservation at the Museum of Yokohama Museum of Art ticket office, please fill out the contact information form. You can download the contact information form, so you can fill it out in advance and bring it with you.
The contact information form (PDF) can be downloaded from the Museum Shop at Yokohama Museum of Art website .
Yokohama Museum of Art opened to the public on November 3, 1989. It is one of the largest art institutions in Japan. With its iconic architecture, featuring the expansive space of the Grand Gallery, the museum is made up of a total of seven gallery spaces, as well as an Art Information and Media Center that holds over 110,000 art-related books, ateliers hosting a wide range of workshops for children and adults, and many other facilities.
Located in the international seaport city of Yokohama, the museum focuses on collecting and showing modern and contemporary art created since the late 19th century, when the port of Yokohama opened, alongside many special exhibitions.
The outward appearance：KASAGI Yasuyuki / Grand gallery：KASAGI Yasuyuki / Exhibition room：TANAKA Yuichiro
Address3-4-1 Minatomirai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa
Museum of Yokohama
Business Hour10: 00-18: 00 (Admission until 17:30) Closed on Thursdays and New Year holidays
Article on this spot
This is the last exhibition before the long-term closure! Picasso, Milo and Warhol !!(TOP image) Paul Klee << Women's Pavilion >> 1921 Oil on cardboard 41.7 x 52.3 cm Aichi Prefectural Muse ･･･Museum of Yokohama2020.09.11
Memories of being engraved on the material through the manual work of each needle* The "New Artist Picks" Mariko Fence "Exhibition | Sewing Life", which has been postponed due to th ･･･Museum of Yokohama2020.08.28
The shape of Tokyo Skytree® was born from here! "Shape with a sledge" released at once(TOP image) Sori no aru Katai-1 (1978) Museum of Contemporary Art Tokyo © Sumikawa Kiichi The world of art that you can ･･･Museum of Yokohama2020.02.26
An exhibition of two people who loved traditional Japanese culture and lived in avant-gardeThe world of art that you can go, see, and feel File.9 Museum of Yokohama, "Isamu Noguchi and Saburo Hasegawa-What ･･･Museum of Yokohama2019.01.23
Theater / dance musicsDouble Planet Episode 10Double Planet Episode 10 "I have something to do with the night sky" Luka Tamaru (Furutajun & Yota Kanda / ･･･
Art / photographyA gallery where you want to meet the ownerKanagawa Gallery Sanpo File.13 Utsuwa Nanahana Shino Yamamoto (Gallery Watts) The DM sent from "Utsuwa Nanahana&quo ･･･
Theater / dance musicsDouble Planet Episode 9Double Planet Episode 9 "Maybe Tamaru-san?" Satoru Aono (Furutajun & Yota Kanda / Radio Shonan Personality ･･･
Art / photographyBringing Japanese talent to the world! Nissan Art Award 2020 ･･･Nissan Pavilion(TOP image) Nissan Art Award 2020 trophy. Designed by product designer Keita Suzuki, produced in collaboration with the ･･･