(TOP image) Claude Monet "Water lily" 1906 Oil on canvas, Canvas Yoshino Gypsum Co., Ltd. (deposited at Yamagata Art Museum)
Approximately 100 years since Claude Monet, the Impressionist's leading painter, began making large decorative paintings of "Water Lilies" which will be the compilation of paintings. Monet's work, which has been drawn to the landscape and continues to draw, will fascinate us until today.
A dynamic line. Echoing colors. I can capture the moment of flickering light and atmosphere. The spread of "water lily" which makes me think that the image drawn is going beyond the screen conversely by the close-up like going over into the landscape – the nature and originality of such Monet's painting is modern It has been handed down to various writers in various forms.
This exhibition brings together 25 paintings from Monet's early to late years and 66 paintings, prints, photographs and images by 26 artists of the later generation, highlighting the connection beyond the era of both. And not only to the title "Maestro of Impressionism" but also to the rich charm of Monet's art still living.
Why are you fascinated by Monet 's paintings? Through this exhibition, I hope that you will find reasons for each "love".
Claude Monet "Ville's Landscape" 1883 Oil on canvas, private collection © Christie's Images / Bridgeman Images
Claude Monet "Water lily, reflection of water plants" 1914 – 17 Oil painting, canvas namad · collectionNan (Monaco)
Monet 100 years since then
[Date and time] July 14 (Saturday) – September 24 (Monday · holiday) 10: 00 ~ 18: 00
* However, the entrance will be closed until 20:30 on Friday, August 17, Friday, Friday, Friday, Friday, Friday, Friday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Sunday, Up to 30 minutes before.
[Closed days] Thursday (8/16 opened)
[Venue] Yokohama Museum of Art
[Rate] General ¥ 1,600, University / High School student ¥ 1,200, Junior High School student ¥ 600, Elementary school student or less free, over 65 years old ¥ 1,500 (required certificate, only at museum ticket offices), Persons with disabled person Person (1 person) Free
* As long as it is on the day of viewing, you can also view the " Yokohama Museum Collection Exhibition " at the "100 Years after Monet" ticket.
[Organizer] Yokohama Museum of Art, Tokyo Newspaper, TV Asahi
[TEL] 03-5777-8600 (Hello dial)
Also check related events !!
◆ Gallery talk by curator (future schedule) ◆
[Date and time] 14: 00 ~ 14: 30 on Friday, August 31, Saturday, September 15 18: 30-19: 00
[Venue] Yokohama Museum Art Exhibition Room
[Price] Free (Prior application unnecessary, an effective ticket valid for the day is required)
【Outline of application】 Magcal · Dot · Net Official Twitter account " @MAGCUL " is followed and retweeted, and currently there are 10 pairs of viewing tickets for "100 Years after Monet" (~ September 24 th) held at the Yokohama Museum of Art, I will present to you.
1. Follow Magcal · dot · net official Twitter account " @ MAGCUL ".
2. Retweet ticket gifts submission posts with "# Magical Monet" posted from the official Twitter account during the following entry period. Application will be completed above.
Friday 24th August until 24 : 00
※ Retweet that was made within the above period is eligible.
【Lottery · Winning Announcement】
For winners, we will contact you by e-mail from Twitter's direct message from Magcal · dot · net official account after the campaign period.
We will replace the winning announcement with the winning contact of the direct message. In that case, we will check the applicant's name, address and contact information so please reply directly to the direct message. Tickets will be mailed from Kanagawa Prefectural Cultural Division at a later date.
※ After sending the direct message, if there is no reply for a certain period, winning will be invalid.
※ If you can not deliver a ticket due to the address of the winner, the destination is unknown, etc., the winner will be invalid.
* We do not use personal information we have at all for purposes other than lottery.
【Eligibility · Conditions】
● Person who has valid e-mail address.
● Magcal · dot · net formulaFollowing Twitter account, " @MAGCUL ".
* If you cancel follow-up before the winning announcement, the entry / winning will be invalid.
● Retweet tweets for entries posted from the official Twitter account within the entry period.
※ Please be sure to join us with your account set to "public". If the account is private, it will not be considered a participation.
* If you set Reject Reception for Direct Message, it will not be considered participation.
※ Quoted retweets are not considered participating. Please participate in the retweet.
● For accounts that do not have a profile, user name, self-introduction, icon, etc., it may not be considered as participation due to Twitter specifications.
● For accounts that do not frequently take actions (tweets, retweets, likes, reply etc.), it may not be considered as participation due to Twitter specifications.
● After opening Twitter account, it may not be considered as participation due to Twitter specifications for accounts that have not done the process of confirming whether the mail address is the one of the person.