This building was completed in 1918 as the Ebina Village Office. It is a cutting-edge modern building, and was built using an architectural style called the county office style. After that, Ebina City renovated a part of this building and opened it in October 1982 as the Ebina City Local History Museum "Ebina City Onkokan". We have contributed to the development and improvement of local culture by collecting, storing, and exhibiting documents, records, folklore, archeology, and other materials related to local history. The Onkokan was opened in 1926 as the "Relic Exhibition Hall" in line with the designation of the Sagami Kokubunji Temple site as a historic site. When the local museum was opened in 1982, this name and materials were inherited.
On the first floor, high school and historical materials (stoneware, earthenware, Kokubunji tiles, etc.) are displayed. On the second floor, under the theme of "clothing, food, and housing," materials for learning about the lives of the common people, such as everyday tools and farming tools from the Meiji, Taisho, and Showa periods, are displayed.